After the release of Android 4.4, there was only announcement for an official update of Android KitKat but only a few devices received it. But there are many custom ROM developer who has released their own ROM based on Android 4.4 for different devices. Like newly launched OmniRom has introduced KitKat unofficial update for many Samsung smartphones. On my previous articles, I discussed Android 4.4 update for Note1, Note2, Grand Duos. Today I will guide you through the method to update Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4 KitKat.
XDA senior member and developer Wayland_ACE manage to develop unofficial CM 11 build for the Galaxy S2. Method to install it on your device is similar to the one discussed earlier. But you must check all the steps carefully.
Before We Start Installing Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
- Your Phone Must Be rooted and you must install latest CWM before you update.
- Your Phone must be 80% charge at least.
- You must backup all your important data.
- USB Debugging must be On in your device ( To turn it on navigate to Settings>>Manage Application>>Development>>USB Debugging ).
- Samsung Galaxy drivers must be installed on your PC
Downloads To Update Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4 KitKat
How to update Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4 KitKat using CM11 Custom Rom
3. Reboot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key, release it when recovery screen appears.
4. Now first you need to create a NANDROID backup of your currently installed ROM. For this chose Backup and Restore, then save it your device internal memory.
5. Now select wipe data or factory reset and confirm it to factory reset Galaxy S2.
6. Now select Install zip from SD Card and then browse the CM11 Android 4.4 Custom ROM zip in your SD card. Then confirm the installation Process.
7. Android 4.4 custom ROM will automatically install on your phone. Now to flash the Gapps again selectInstall zip from SD Card and this time select the Gapps for Android 4.4 zip from SD card.
8. When the process gets completed, return back to recovery mode main screen. Now chose Reboot system now to reboot your phone.
9. Now you need to enter your Google account detail.
You must do this process carefully without skipping any step. Otherwise, your device will lead to the boot loop, if so then again start the process from the starting. If you find any other problem in updating Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4 KitKat, you can comment your queries below.