Samsung does not include Galaxy Note N7000 in the list of an official update to Android 4.4 KitKat. But third party developer OmniRom has released the Kitkat Nightlies for note 1. Here in this post, I will tell how to update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 4.4 KitKat Omnirom without bricking or damaging your device.
Omnirom KitKat is based on the Android Open source Project 4.4 KitKat. Additionally, it has some more extra feature like multiwindow support, unflappable quick settings, DSP Manager Enhancements, multi-workspace, Non Obtrusive incoming call alert, per app permission and many other small features.
As Omnirom is still in its development stage, so it has some minor bug like the problem in the video app, etc. So if you find any error you can contact me.
Before We Start Installing Android 4.4 KitKat Nightlies Omnirom on Note N7000
- Your Phone Must Be rooted and you must install latest CWM before you update.
- Your Phone must be 80% charge at least.
- You must backup all your important data.
- USB Debugging must be On in your device ( To turn it on navigate to Settings>>Manage Application>>Development>>USB Debugging ).
- Samsung Galaxy drivers must be installed on your PC
How to update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 4.4 KitKat
1. Connect your Galaxy Note to your PC via USB cable and transfer both downloaded files to Sd card. Disconnect the USB when done.2. Now Power off your Galaxy Note.
3. Reboot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key, release it when recovery screen appears.
4. Now first you need to create a NANDROID backup of your currently installed ROM. For this chose Backup and Restore, then save it your device internal memory.
5. Now select wipe data or factory reset and confirm it to factory reset Galaxy Note.
6. Now select Install zip from SD Card and then browse the OmniRom Android 4.4 KitKat Rom zip in your SD card. Then confirm the installation Process.
7. Android 4.4 custom ROM will automatically install on your phone. Now to flash the Gapps again select Install zip from SD Card and this time select the Gapps for Android 4.4 zip from SD card.
8. When the process gets completed, return back to recovery mode main screen. Now chose Reboot system now to reboot your phone.
You have successfully installed the Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM in your Galaxy Note. If you have any issue with the process you can ask it in comments below.