After the announcement of the KitKat 4.4 Android version, peoples are eagerly waiting for the official update of Android 4.4 for their Android smartphone. But till now Samsung has not released any Android 4.4 KitKat update for galaxy note 2. But don’t worry you can install or update your Note 2 to V 4.4 as there are many custom ROM developer, who introduced their own custom ROM of Android 4.4 for Galaxy Note 2.
Here in this post, I will make you learn how to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.4 KitKat using unofficial OmniROM KitKat Nightly.
Besides the original feature, Omnirom has added many attractive and interesting feature to Android 4.4. Like Non- Intrusive Incoming call, DSP Manager, Apps Permission and many more.
Before We Start Installing Android 4.4 KitKat Nightlies OmniROM on Note 2 N7100
- Your Phone Must Be rooted and you must install latest CWM before you update.
- Your Phone must be 80% charge at least.
- You must backup all your important data.
- USB Debugging must be On in your device ( To turn it on navigate to Settings>>Manage Application>>Development>>USB Debugging ).
- Samsung Galaxy drivers must be installed on your PC
Downloads To Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.4 KitKat
How to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.4 KitKat
1. Connect your Galaxy Note 2 to your PC via USB cable and transfer both downloaded files to Sd card. Disconnect the USB when done.2. Now Power off your Galaxy Note 2.
3. Reboot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key, release it when recovery screen appears.
4. Now first you need to create a NANDROID backup of your currently installed ROM. For this chose Backup and Restore, then save it your device internal memory.
5. Now select wipe data or factory reset and confirm it to factory reset Galaxy Note 2.
6. Now select Install zip from SD Card and then browse the OmniRom Android 4.4 KitKat Rom zip in your SD card. Then confirm the installation Process.
7. Android 4.4 custom ROM will automatically install on your phone. Now to flash the Gapps again select install zip from SD Card and this time select the Gapps for Android 4.4 zip from SD card.
8. When the process gets completed, return back to recovery mode main screen. Now chose Reboot system now to reboot your phone.
Now your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 has Android 4.4 KitKat, you have updated to the latest version of Android. If you have any problem with the above steps of updating Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.4 KitKat. You can contact me or can comment below