Samsung has not released the Android 4.4 update for any smartphone yet. There is an announcement of the release of KitKat update for Note 3 and S4. But till that you can enjoy the taste of Android 4.4 using Custom ROM. Here I will guide you How to Update Galaxy S4 GT I9500 to Android KitKat 4.4.2.
Before We Start Installing Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9500
- Your Phone must be rooted and you must install the latest CWM before you update.
- Your Phone must be 80% charge at least.
- You must backup all your important data.
- USB Debugging must be On in your device ( To turn it on navigate to Settings>>Manage Application>>Development>>USB Debugging ).
- Samsung Galaxy drivers must be installed on your PC
Downloads To Flash Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9500
How to Update Galaxy S4 GT I9500 to Android KitKat 4.4.2 [Easy Installation Guide]
Step 5: Android 4.4 custom ROM will automatically install on your phone. Now to flash the Gapps again select Install zip from SD Card and this time select the Gapps for Android 4.4 zip from SD card.