- OS: Android v2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Processor: 832 MHz
- Screen Size : 3 Inches
- Camera: 2 MP
- Battery: 1200 mAh
- SIM: Single SIM GSM
- User Memory: 162 MB
- Connectivity: GPRS, EDGE, WI-Fi, and 3G
Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 was one of the most popular budget Android phone by Samsung. It comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, which is a very outdated version of Android. The current Android version is Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. But Jelly Bean is not available on Galaxy Y officially, to have JB on your Galaxy Y you first need to root it.
Here in this article, I will teach you how to Root Samsung Galaxy Young S5360 and Install CWM Recovery.
Note: Rooting your phone may void the warranty or make your device brick.
Before We Start Check
- Your Phone must be 80% charge at least.
- You must backup all your important data.
- USB Debugging must be On in your device ( To turn it on navigate to Settings>>Manage Application>>Development>>USB Debugging ).
- Samsung Galaxy Y drivers must be installed on your PC
Downloads To Root Samsung Galaxy Young S5360
1. Download all the necessary file described above.
2. Now connect your device to your pc via USB cable and transfer all Downloaded file to SD card of your device. Then disconnect or detach the USB cable.
3. Turn Off or Power off your Galaxy Y
4. Now reboot in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously for few seconds.
5. Now select Install Zip From SD Card and browse path of root file(downloaded root package) in the Sd card.
6. Wait for some time, your phone will automatically root.
You successfully rooted your device.
Steps to Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Young S5360
1. Now again turn off your phone and reboot it into recovery mode.
2. Now select Install Zip From SD Card.
3. Now Browse to CWM Recovery file (Downloaded earlier).
That’s it you successfully install CWM recovery.
Note: Every time you need to flash Custom ROM, every time you should flash CWM.
Now you have rooted and flashed CMM recovery on your Galaxy Y. Now you have full access to your device, you can do anything you like. You can install any custom ROM on your device.
If you have a problem in rooting Samsung Galaxy Young S5360. Ask your query in comments.