If you want to get more feature on your Samsung Galaxy Y or want to update it to Android Latest version then you first need to root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. And then you need to install a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP. Then you can install custom ROM to your device.
Here in this article, I will teach you how to Root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 and Install CWM Recovery.
This process may void your device warranty. We are not responsible for any damage occur to your device.
Checklist Before Installing Custom ROM
- First, check your Device Model number from Settings>>About Phone. And make sure it is GT-S5360
- Your Phone must be 80% charge at-least.
- You must backup all your important data.
- USB Debugging must be On in your device ( To turn it on navigate to Settings>>Manage Application>>Development>>USB Debugging ).
Steps to Root Galaxy Y S5360
- Switch Off your phone and reboot it in recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power key.
- Now Select ” Install Zip From SD Card “. And browse the root file. And select it.
- Wait for a few seconds. Your phone will automatically get unlock or root.
- Now to Install CWM Recovery again select Install from SD Card in recovery mode. Then chose the CWM recovery File.
You have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 and Install CWM Recovery. Now you have root access. You can install any custom ROM on your Galaxy Young.