CWM is the most popular custom recovery for Android devices. If you are looking for installing any custom ROM on your device. Then you must try this CWM recovery method. But before this, you must read my guide on Custom recovery and How to install CWM recovery on your Android phone.
Checklist Before Installing Custom ROM
- Your Phone must be rooted and you must install the latest CWM recovery before you update.
- Your Phone must be 80% charge at least.
- You must backup all your important data.
- USB Debugging must be On in your device ( To turn it on navigate to Settings>>Manage Application>>Development>>USB Debugging ).
Downloads to Install Custom ROM
How to Flash a ROM using CWM on Android
Step 1: Boot Into Recovery Mode
- Power Off Your Device and wait till it completely turns off.
- Press and Hold Volume Up+Home+ Power Button together to land your phone in Recovery mode. Keys combination depend upon your phone maker.
Note: In recovery mode, you can use Volume keys to move up and down and power key to select.
Step 2: Creating Nandroid Backup
- Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
Step 3: Cleaning up Device
- Select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset then confirm it.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition then confirm it.
Step 4: Flashing ROM
- To flash ROM select Install ZIP then Chose ZIP from SD Card. Then browse your ROM file and select it.
Step 5: Flashing Gapps
- To flash Gapps select Install ZIP then Chose ZIP from SD Card. Then browse your Gapps file and select it.
Step 6: Rebooting
- Now from the recovery menu chose Reboot System Now.